Welcome to the Morro Bay Library!
About this Branch
Morro Bay's first library was established in 1922, housed in the Sewall building at 361 Main Street, with the Post Office. The branch relocated in Morro Bay many times between 1927 - 1984. In 1965 the library moved into a transformed pool hall at 410 Morro Bay Blvd and prospered for 20 years. The current building, at 625 Harbor St, opened in 1984 through the hard work and generosity of local residents and business owners. In 1998 the branch received a partial interior re-design. However, in 2015 an entire interior renovation and fence around the patio was completed and again funded by the Morro Bay Friends of the Library and Community.
- Computers: 6 Adult 2 Kids
- Chromebooks: 1
- WiFi: All County Libraries provide free wireless Internet access
- Bay News
- Investor's Business Weekly
- Los Angeles Times
- New Times
- New York Times
- The Tribune
- USA Today
- Wall Street Journal
DUE TO COVID RESTRICTIONS REGULAR PROGRAMS ARE SUSPENDED AT THIS TIME.
- Storytime / Tuesday / 10:30am
- Paws to Read / 2nd Friday / 4:00pm (Nov. 2017 will be 1st Fri.)
- Book Discussion / every 1st & 3rd Wednesday / 10am -12pm
- Mystery Book Discussion / every 2nd Wednesday / 10am -12pm
- North Coast Writers / every 3rd Saturday / 10am -12pm
- Book Sale Area
- Enclosed patio
- Teen Corner