Thinking about bringing your class to a San Luis Obispo County Library? The library has many great resources to offer you and your students.
Please look at the following guidelines for booking class visits to a San Luis Obispo County Library:
- For quality service, please call your local branch two weeks in advance to book class visits, tours, research projects or storytimes.
- If you would like your students to check out books, please ensure that all students have library cards before your class visit.
- Because only one staff member can be assigned to a class visit, check with your local branch to determine how many students they can accommodate. Please have the appropriate number of adult chaperones come with your class. Teachers and aides must be present at all times.
- Please note that it is very difficult for us to provide any special services or assign staff to classes that arrive at the library without an appointment.
Things we can do to make your visit a success:
- Tie your visit to a class project . This increases the relevance of the visit for your students and allows them to put new skills into practice right away! Send your class project ideas or what you want the students to get out of the visit before coming to the library. The more we know about your class, the more we can tailor your visit to your needs. (click here)
- Think about chatting with a librarian before your visit. Librarians can keep you informed about the newest books or databases, even changes in the Library that may have an impact on your visit!
We look forward to meeting you and your classes!
Head of Youth Services
San Luis Obispo County Library